HAPSc Policy Briefs series: Policy making during Coronavirus crisis vol. 1., no. 1. June 2020. The soft copy is avalaible at: https://ejournals.epublishing.ekt.gr/index.php/hapscpbs/issue/view/1532/showToc
The Hellenic Association of Political Scientists (HAPSc) is inviting all researchers and experts to submit Policy Briefs based on recent research conducted on political, social and economic issues and policies at Global and European level during the Coronavirus Crisis.
Open Submissions: 11/05/2020
Deadline for Submission is: 19/06/2020
Answers will be given at the end of July 2020
1. Introduction: Policy Briefs are tools that can transfer academic findings to a concise policy note that could be accessible by policy makers and general public. The choice of the topic is left open to researchers.
2. Eligibility: The Call is open to both members and non-members of the Hellenic Association of Political Scientists and the brief could be a submitted by up to six authors. Authors can be academics, technocrats and business executives.
3. Language: Accepted language is English. Additionally, applicants could also submit papers in French, Spanish and Greek. We encourage interdisciplinary, multidimensional and multilingual dialogue.
4. Topics: Topics may include, but are not limited to the following:
Political situation and policies
Welfare State and social consequences of the coronavirus crisis
Public Administration and Local Government in coronavirus crisis
Education policies in transition
Economic policies to manage coronavirus crisis
Business world in coronavirus crisis
Health Policies in the time of coronavirus crisis
EU Policies in time of coronavirus crisis
International Relations in coronavirus crisis and coordination
International Organizations in corona crisis situation
Tourism in the new era
Human rights Violation
5. Submission and Evaluation process: Please submit your Policy Brief to firstname.lastname@example.org with e-mail Subject: “Submission at HAPSc’s Policy Briefs”
The policy brief should:
be between 2.000 – 2.500 words including references.
include an abstract both in english and in the language you choose up to 300 words each (it is not included in the word limit)
include your name and your affiliations.
declare the topic (from the abovementioned list) in which your paper is included
Also, your submission must include:
a.The Policy Brief.
b.A short bio (about 300 words max).
Your policy brief should be named as “nameofauthor_hapscpolicybriefs2020.docx” and should be written in Times New Roman 12, line spacing 1.5. Also, you should follow the Harvard reference style.
6. The evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
the choice of the topic
the contribution to the existing knowledge
the recommendations and policy relevance and their feasibility
the quality of writing
The selected Policy Briefs will be published at the “HAPSc’s Policy Briefs: Policy Making during the time of coronavirus crisis”.